As beautiful as an outdoor wedding ceremony is, there is ALWAYS that chance for rain and unfortunately we’ve seen a lot of it recently. Since we can’t control Mother Nature, just worry about what you can control and embrace the sprinkles.
Here are a few tips and tricks to get through the change of ceremony plans gracefully.
- Have a backup plan. Hire vendors that are willing to be flexible and help in anyway that they can. “If you don’t prepare, you could lose everything. If you prepare for the worst and nothing happens, you’ve lost nothing.”
- Communicate your backup plan. Make sure your venue and planner are all on the same page. They’ve likely had to move a ceremony last minute before and can make sure all of the little details are considered and executed. Keep your guests in the loop too. They will want to know if they can still wear their heals 😉
- Embrace it. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, so just go with it. Incorporate it into your wedding. Your attitude will set the tone of the day. Don’t forget – Rain boots paired with wedding gowns make adorable photos. Guests wrapped up in blankets or towels make for a cozy ceremony. Rent our clear wedding umbrellas for your bridal party and swoon at the unique photo opp.
- Make the call early. No need to add an ounce of extra stress to your wedding day. Look at the forecast a few days ahead of time and make the call. At the very least delegate this decision to someone else on wedding day. You should just focus on being loved and pampered!
- Don’t forget about cleanup. Sure, you walk down the aisle as a newly married couple, but who’s making sure the flowers are moved into the reception, the chairs are tore down, and the programs are collected. “What comes up, must come down.”